Equipment is used at the sole risk of the borrower. The Library makes no representation or warranty as to the fitness for use or condition of the items. Borrowers are responsible for reading and abiding by all manufacturer’s recommendations, warnings, and instructions for use.
Equipment must be returned to the Bridgewater Public Library Circulation Desk only. Items must be returned intact, clean, in working order, and complete (including all accessories, parts, manuals, and packaging provided when borrowed). As with all library materials, borrowers are responsible for the care of the item and any supplemental materials. If any of the Library’s property is lost or damaged, borrowers agree to provide the cost of a repair or replacement.
Some items are only available for checkout by patrons 16 years or older due to safety concerns. The Library reserves the right to take equipment out of circulation temporarily to support a library program or for repair or maintenance. Library staff may limit the number of repeat loans of a specific item to one household in the interest of ensuring fair access for all library patrons.
A valid library card with no outstanding fines and no lost or billed items is required for checkout. All borrowers must sign a liability waiver.
Borrowing Policy Overview
- Must have a valid SAILS Library Network card in good standing.
- Loan period is 7 days.
- Late fees are $5/day. If the item is not returned within 7 days after the due date, the full replacement cost will be charged.
- No renewals.
- Equipment must be returned to a librarian at the Circulation Desk. Equipment may NOT be returned in the book drop nor to any library other than the Bridgewater Public Library.
- Internet service to WiFi hotspots will be turned off if not returned by the due date.
- Any kitchen items must be returned thoroughly hand washed according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Replacement costs will be charged for lost or damaged items.
In consideration of my or my designee’s use of the equipment lent by the Bridgewater Public Library, I hereby voluntarily release, discharge, waive, and hold harmless the Bridgewater Public Library and its employees, the Board of Trustees, and the Town of Bridgewater and its employees from any loss, damage, or injury to persons or property arising from the equipment. In no event shall the Library be liable to me for indirect or consequential damages.
I agree to indemnify and hold the Library and its employees harmless from and against any liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, losses, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, for all injuries or death of any person, or damage to any property occurring or connected with, directly or indirectly, my possession, use, and return of the equipment.
I am borrowing the equipment as-is. I acknowledge that I have examined the equipment and that its condition is acceptable. I agree to keep and maintain the equipment in good condition, use it in a careful and appropriate manner, and to comply with all manufacturer recommendations.
I understand that the Library does not provide supervision or instruction for use of the equipment. I understand and acknowledge that the use of the equipment may involve a risk of serious injury. I agree to refrain from using the equipment in a manner inconsistent with its intended purpose.
iPad Liability Clause
- Bridgewater Public Library cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted over the internet and does not guarantee that any username, password, email, credit card number, financial, or any other information entered is private or secure. We recommend that you do NOT use public devices for any financial, confidential, or private transactions. Bridgewater Public Library assumes no responsibility for loss or damages arising from such activities.
- The library does not guarantee that any particular website or electronic transaction will work, or be compatible with library equipment.
- Bridgewater Public Library assumes no responsibility for any costs, liability, or damages, direct or indirect, arising from the use of its computing resources or from use of the internet.