Do I need a card?
If you already have a SAILS Library Network library card, perhaps issued by another SAILS library, you can use it here. Only a few of our services are restricted to Bridgewater residents.
If you have a card from a non-SAILS Massachusetts library, such as the Boston Public Library, you will still have to register for a SAILS Library card to use our Library.
Who can get a card?
SAILS Library cards are available at no cost to:
- Massachusetts residents
- Town of Bridgewater employees
- Bridgewater school students
- Owners of property in Bridgewater
Registering for a SAILS Library Card
Provide photo ID and proof of address
At any SAILS Library, provide photo ID and proof of your current address. If your Massachusetts License or State ID lists your current address, that’s all you need.
If your photo ID does not have your current address on it, please bring along one of the following documents for proof of address:
- Lease agreements
- Utility bills or tax bills (dated within the last 60 days)
- Imprinted bank check or deposit slips
- Official letters verifying residency and mailing address dated within last 30 days from a:
- Social service provider
- Temporary employer that provides housing
- Short-term residence
Other forms of photo identification include:
- Alien Resident Cards
- Government issued cards, such as Military ID
- State issued photo ID including:
- FID cards
- University or School IDs
Note on Chosen Names: If your name doesn’t match the one on your legal documents, a staff member can manually add it to your account at any time – just let us know.
- A parent or guardian must be present
- Parent/guardian signature
- Parent/guardian must have photo ID and proof of address
- Student ID accepted with:
- a piece of mail with your name and address on it
- printout from school with your name and address on it (you may also show us your cellphone with information from school on it)
Patrons can register for a temporary virtual library card for immediate access to library resources. Online registrants will be required to pick up a physical card before the virtual card expiration date in order to continue using library resources.
For even more online resources, Massachusetts residents can register for an eCard from the Boston Public Library.