We offer on-demand 3D printing service.
For questions about 3D printing and to submit your request, email email@example.com.
Read: How to get started with 3D printing
- $0.25 PER GRAM, as estimated by printer software.
- 5 HOURS of printing for free. Each additional hour is $0.25/hour.
- Designs can be submitted as .STL files or as a link to a design.
- You must have a valid library card in good standing. You will pay for material by weight, including weight of canceled or flawed prints. Payment is to be made at time of pickup. We accept cash only.
3D PRINTING RESOURCES
Find Designs: Search for something you'd like to print, send us the .STL file or a link and we will let you know how much it will cost.
Design & Learn in 3D:
Slicing Program Download: If you'd like to see how much your print might cost, use a slicing software like Cura. We make no assurance that the cost you estimate will be the price you are quoted.
THE FINE PRINT (Our Full 3D Printing Policy)
- Prints must be scheduled in advance. It is sometimes difficult to determine exact print times. Library staff will make an educated guess about the length of a job upon request.
- No hazardous or offensive items. The Library reserves the right to decline any print job.
- The Library makes no commitment to being able to produce print submissions in a specific timeframe and will determine the order in which jobs are printed to maximize efficiency and give as many people as possible a chance to obtain a print. Priority on the use of the 3D printer will be given to library staff and Bridgewater residents.
- Only designated library employees will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
- The Library cannot guarantee model quality or stability, nor confidentiality of designs. Patrons may see slight imperfections in their prints. Small bumps or holes and rough edges at the base of an object may occur with 3D printing. These imperfections can often be minimized with fine sandpaper or other tools.
- Patrons will be contacted when items are ready for pickup. Items must be picked up by the individual who submitted them or their designee, using valid ID. Items not picked up within 14 days after being printed become the property of the Bridgewater Public Library and the cost of the print and any flawed or cancelled print will be added to the patron’s record.
- The 3D printer operates in a public area. Still images and/or video of the printing process may be posted on a public website. The Library does not make any promise that any particular print will be confidential or private. The identity of the submitter of a job will fall under the same legal protection that extends to the privacy of the intellectual content of borrowers of library material.